For updated advice on Bundles and “making an offer” click the link below:
For so long we have petitioned and prayed for some sort of cart to make our lives easier and IT’S HERE!
Has it helped? What I have heard most from fellow Poshers is that they have yet to sell a bundle through the feature. The Bundle feature, which was launched in July of this year, allows a buyer to combine listings and purchase without the seller having to create a new listing. This new addition has also sparked some frustration as well as odd behavior (bundle and run?). I have held off on giving my opinion for a while now- because I had not had anyone purchase using the feature either… until recently.
Here are the Pros and Cons that I see:
- You can shop whenever you want and don’t have to wait for the seller.
- You can receive a “no haggle” discount if one is set.
- As a seller, it’s fantastic because it takes away the task of having to mark all bundled items as sold or delete them (tip: never delete them until the purchase has been shipped/accepted/rated).
- You cannot take advantage of “price drop” promotional shipping discounts.
- Although you may get a discount, you do not get the satisfaction of “haggling” a better price.
- There is no limit to the amount that can be bundled- so depending on the items- the seller could be stuck with an overweight shipping label and have to pay additional for it (Hey Posh, can we have an option to mark certain items as “heavy weight”??).
In case you are still in shock that I have actually
seen a unicorn sold a bundle… here are the details:
I advertised a HUGE sale that was about to happen. Secretly I was waiting for .99 shipping to be announced. It has been over 3 months since they have had this shipping rate so it’s should happen soon, right? Wrong. I couldn’t wait any longer- I needed to sell a few things. That morning my husband mentioned ,”You haven’t sold anything in a while. Maybe you should have a sale.” So after having the “future sale” posting up for weeks I decided to go ahead and mark stuff down. His comments sparked my “Husband Sale” and it has been my most successful sale to date. Over a 4 day period, I had 24 sales which included 38 items.
Trust me when I say that I spent HOURS packing and shipping.
This sudden burst of sales was enough to re-energize me and I had a great week following as well. I had advertised “lowest prices” with an additional 10% off bundles of 3+ (only if you used the feature0. So they did. I sold items at painfully low prices but that’s ok (P.S. my closet still has incredibly low prices now- it’s just not advertised).
So how do you get someone to use the feature?
- Set a discount and advertise it (like the image above).
- Let a potential buyer know about it- if you are discussing an item, ASK the buyer if they looked around “Hey, before I mark this down for you- did you get a chance to look around? I offer an additional 10% off if you bundle using the feature…”
- Be Patient- It’s still “new” so it will take a while… “Make an Offer” was slow to catch on too!
Of course there will be some “What the heck??” moments too. As most of you may know, but some may not… when someone “adds” one of your listings to a bundle you will get an alert. So you may see a Posher bundle several items and then “run away.” This can cause a bit of frustration, or rather, disappointment for the seller who thinks they just scored a sale. Why do people do these strange things????
Here is my opinion: The “Bundle” is the new “Like.”
It used to be that if I saw someone rummaging through my closet and “liking” a bunch of stuff- I thought “Bundle: here we come!!!” Sometimes I would even jump to conclusions and start creating a bundle (true confession!). Now I think- “This person is waiting on a price drop.”
The “add to bundle alert” signals to me that some is thinking about purchasing, really likes a few things, and may be creating a bundle to calculate the cost with my closet discount. You cannot see if they have removed an item from the virtual bundle. So before you get disappointed just assume they are still thinking… and just relax. Remember- it will take some time but soon people will catch on and you will be bundling all the time 🙂
P.S. If you liked this post- please share it on Social Media or sign up to receive emails for when I write future blog posts!