For this first time, the PMHQ ladies hosted a webinar especially for Suggested Users! It was a quick 20 minute presentation this past weekend about the latest feature coming our way on Poshmark.
The POSHMARK DRESSING ROOM
Makes no sense right? It’s ONLINE… how can you try on clothes?
Well, you can’t. It’s not about trying on clothes.
Yeah, it took me like the entire 20 minutes to stop scratching my head.
I held off posting about this until it went live. Now it’s here.
What is a Poshmark Dressing Room?
It’s a new tabbed section in a users closet. In yours and in theirs.
In my closet its a little hanger beside my “likes” and it’s in other closets in the same place.
Yes, I know I need to charge my phone.
Click on the hanger and this is what you see and options you have…
As a buyer…
- I can go to my dressing room and see all the likes and bundles I have made grouped by closets.
- You can specifically ask the seller to make recommendations and request to be “styled”- these will go to the same section.
These are closets I have liked items in and have made bundles in:
These are closets that have liked and have bundled in my closet:
As a seller…
- If you go to another user’s closet I can see what they have LIKED and BUNDLED in my closet as well. In the same tab I can send direct shares to them.
- If a buyer has requested to be “styled” you can send shares DIRECTLY to them and they will be visible in the dressing room. This is a way to suggestively sell items to them that they may have missed. It looks like you can send unsolicited shares as well- it will give you an alert in your feed and if they are interested they can check them out..
So, how is a Poshmark Dressing Room going to help you make sales?
- You can make suggestions. This is HUGE if you have an established client base, they can request shares and you can send them all your latest additions! I see this as being amazing for boutiques.
- You can get other people’s attention when you send things to them directly. It may take a while for everyone to adjust to this!
- Instead of a NEW ARRIVALS post you can have closets “sign up” for direct shares.
Other thoughts: maybe this will cut back on the users who habitually “like” and “bundle” in an attempt to draw attention to their own closet… now you have a way to see what’s going on. So, maybe there will be less of that.
I gotta be honest… I’m not sure how I will use this feature. Probably right now I will just annoy my PFFs until I get the hang of it 🙂
*** If you are accustomed to “edit share” that is no longer convenient with iPhones. There is now a hanger in it’s place and there is an additional step to get to editing. Ummmmm… yikes.
Overall I feel that this is the new generation of sharing. Maybe regular sharing was no longer cutting it and now you will have a feed full of direct shares. Only time will tell!
Have you updated the app? What do you think about the Poshmark Dressing Room?
Do you enjoy reading posts from the Gray Asparagus? Let me know by subscribing! If you are on a computer- sign up is to the right. If you are on a mobile device- scroll down to the bottom!