If you are like me, you may have a love-hate for New Years Resolutions. You might say I have resolution reservations.
I love the idea of starting over and starting fresh. The New Year means a new beginning! Right?
And I think we can all agree that closing the door on 2016 is definitely something to celebrate!!!
When the new year approaches I will ceremoniously make a list of all the things I want to accomplish or change in the coming year. I do this knowing good and well that I WON’T in fact…
Work out everyday!
Drink more water!
Save $ !
Yet, I go in with blind ambition thinking this is definitely the year. I say this not to set myself up for failure in 2017… actually the opposite. Looking back at my list from 2016, I realize I did quite well… I made major strides to achieve most of the goals on my list.
I have Resolution Reservations
I never make a public proclamation of my resolutions as it is typically not my style. Do you have those friends or family members who make bold proclamations about how they are going to do something and then… NEVER do it? I’m guessing yes.
I have made it my life’s mission to NOT be that person, I have achieved this by pretty much never telling anyone anything about what I am doing until after the fact! I have developed a habit of not showing my cards or my game plan. However, I feel like I have missed out in some ways by doing this. You miss out on the fun of sharing the journey… you rely on yourself to be your cheerleader. Also, it’s so easy to give up and stop when it gets hard because no one knew about it and there is no one to hold you accountable!
SO this year I am sharing my Resolutions without reservations and inviting you to do the same!
My Resolutions for 2017
- Keep a Gratitude Journal. If you follow the Gray Asparagus on Instagram you already know about this. I want to write down one thing a day that I am grateful for… I want to start everyday in a positive way and become more grateful for what I have and the people around me
- Keep it to a Minimum. Becoming a minimalist is my DREAM! I cannot necessarily force my household to throw away/donate everything we own… HOWEVER, I can achieve this with my personal belongings and my WARDROBE.
- Host Social Gatherings. I want to have a friend (or friends) over at least once a month. Not because I need to be more social, but to insure I clean the house at least once a month. Clearly this is the only way to make it happen.
- Focus on getting stronger. I am not going to let myself get caught up in chasing my “ideal weight.” I want to get stronger… I want to run farther… I want to walk up 10 flights of stairs in a parking deck and not want to give up on life.
- Finish my Project. I am keeping this one to myself for now… Not because I have reservations, but this one will be a whole blog post on it’s own when I am done! (If you want to be the first to know… make sure you are subscribing)
Are YOU ready to make some Resolutions?
Join me by posting them in the comment below!
What are YOU going to do in 2017?
Happy Holidays everyone!